We’ve been hearing a lot about “the next decade of interior design.” That’s too far ahead for us.
Everything changes too fast. Here’s what we expect to see in 2020 that we like:
- The home gets back to being a comfortable retreat where you can just chill inside calm, relaxing spaces with less clutter and more ambiance.
- Expansive whites and earthy greens and browns re-connect us with a soothing, natural aesthetic.
- Lighting becomes better and brighter, spotlighting and showcasing feature walls with materials like wood, rock and cork.
- Enviro-conscious living takes over with tech-smart, energy-saving abodes where recycling rules.
- Open floorplans are improved with chic, industrial partitions that create functional flow.
- The kitchen remains the hub for both families and entertainers.
- The cactus makes a comeback.
- Velvet is dusted off, too, re-introducing plush, luxurious affordability.
- Ceilings break free, embracing new, integrated design concepts.